Recently I’ve become lactose intolerant. It saddened me to accept this new fact of life. But this same affliction has led me to my new love for almond milk. And so I remain grateful.
The first time I tasted homemade almond milk I was hooked. It was creamy, tasty and I knew exactly what was in it. With a little bit of planning, I’m able to make a batch of almond milk at least once every two weeks. I just follow this easy DIY Almond Milk recipe:
- 2 cups of raw almond
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 sliced Medjool Dates
- pure vanilla extract optional
DIY Almond Milk:
- soak raw almonds overnight (optional to use filtered water)
- add raw almonds, Medjool Dates & 4 cups filtered water into blender
- blend for 5-10 min.
- strain using cheesecloth or dishcloth
- bottle and refrigerate almond milk. I like to re-use a glass milk bottle from a previous drink. But if you’re looking for a home for your almond milk check out these glass milk bottles from Michael’s just click here. It’s a pack of 6 for $11.99. Full disclosure this is an affiliate link, I’ll earn a small commission, helping me to keep this blog alive.
For best taste consume the milk within 4 days. You will also have ground almonds left over from this recipe. I like to add this to my granola mix. All you have to do is spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake at 350. After 10 minutes give it a stir and bake for another 5-10 min.
I hope you enjoy this recipe if you give it a try let me know in the comment section how it goes. If you have a better recipe please let me know. I would also love to hear your ideas for the ground almonds.